Teen Chat Safety
Here are some helpful tips to ensure safety when using teen chat rooms or any type of social networks.
- Do not give out personal information or it may be used against you in a negative way.
- Do not trust everything you hear in the chat rooms. The age old saying goes "if it's too good to be true, then it's probably not."
- Do not spend very long hours in the chat rooms. Protect your eyes by giving them a rest every now and then to prevent eye strain.
- Do not believe everything you hear. If it sounds a bit outrageous, it probably is.
- Report any wrong doing to a moderator.
- Do not meet anyone outside of the chat rooms. If you must, bring a parent or guardian with you
- Do not accept any files or downloads from any users. It could turn out to be a virus or computer exploit.
- Do some stretching every now and then and try to avoid sitting in the same position for long hours.
- Avoid using webcams for anything other than clean webcam chat. Often times you are being recorded and don't even know it. That can later be used against you in a harmful way such as black mailing.
- Ignore those who are bullying or annoying you in any way.
- Pedophiles often pose as people they are not in order to gain your trust. Be very wary.
- **This website will not be held responsible for any injury, harm, or criminal charges to users who do not practice these safety tips.**
If you would like to share some additional tips, please contact us so we can add it to our safety page.