Random spam bans

Sadgirl

I’ve been banned twice due to a bot falsely assuming I’m spamming for some unknown reason. in a matter of less than 8 hours. I’m not sure if there’s any way someone could let people know type of things trigger the automated banning process but that would be very appreciated (Maybe stating the pertinent quote after the ban that led to it kinda like Roblox does). It would also be nice to perhaps lessen the power of this algorithm? Getting banned constantly for saying the most mundane things and joking with my friends is really lessening the reliability and enjoyment I have in this website.

I appreciate all the effort mods put in and tysm regardless <3

I’ve been banned twice due to a bot falsely assuming I’m spamming for some unknown reason. in a matter of less than 8 hours. I’m not sure if there’s any way someone could let people know type of things trigger the automated banning process but that would be very appreciated (Maybe stating the pertinent quote after the ban that led to it kinda like Roblox does). It would also be nice to perhaps lessen the power of this algorithm? Getting banned constantly for saying the most mundane things and joking with my friends is really lessening the reliability and enjoyment I have in this website.

I totally agree, and have always backed the mods (as I know from previously being a mod on another site what a thankless task it is), but the spam filters seems to have suddenly gone crazy and there is no logic to it.

You were spam banned the second time for saying the exact same word you were spam banned for the first time... maybe if you weren't saying inappropriate words (which are against the rules might I add) then the bot wouldn't be triggered. As for other people's random spam bans, arkham is working on taking some words off the filter to try reduce the random spam bans. As for obvious inappropriate words that should be on there, it is nobody but your own fault.

You were spam banned the second time for saying the exact same word you were spam banned for the first time... maybe if you weren't saying inappropriate words (which are against the rules might I add) then the bot wouldn't be triggered. As for other people's random spam bans, arkham is working on taking some words off the filter to try reduce the random spam bans. As for obvious inappropriate words that should be on there, it is nobody but your own fault.
So why is stating that someone is a pedo (when they have made no secret of the fact that they are) a reason to be banned???? this site is probably run from some random country, but in the UK and the USA there are very clear child protection laws which put the legal onus on site owners to ensure that sites do their upmost to ensure safety. I dont think those laws support banning people that call out perves!!!!!

So why is stating that someone is a pedo (when they have made no secret of the fact that they are) a reason to be banned???? this site is probably run from some random country, but in the UK and the USA there are very clear child protection laws which put the legal onus on site owners to ensure that sites do their upmost to ensure safety. I dont think those laws support banning people that call out perves!!!!!
Clearly that's not a question for me, as I don't have the power for banning, which you know full well. As I believe this site is US based, I could be wrong tho.

Lowkey unrelated but I’m still banned for spam 😭

Clearly that's not a question for me, as I don't have the power for banning, which you know full well. As I believe this site is US based, I could be wrong tho.
Totally understand your situation in all this. Am going to make enquiries of the NSPCC tomorrow to see if they are able to clarity what legal responsibilities a site of this nature needs to comply with.

The kicked for spam is a misnomer. You are actually getting kicked for using a word that is on the censored word list. Usually by using some stylized fonts to do so or something as simple as an extra period inserted. My suggestion yet again is not to try to bypass any censored words......There, problem solved!

The kicked for spam is a misnomer. You are actually getting kicked for using a word that is on the censored word list. Usually by using some stylized fonts to do so or something as simple as an extra period inserted. My suggestion yet again is not to try to bypass any censored words......There, problem solved!
I understand what you are saying, BUT, as I have asked previously, why do honest users get banned for calling out someone as a pedo when they are openly admitting to being 30, 40 years old (or older) and are asking for girls of 13???

I understand what you are saying, BUT, as I have asked previously, why do honest users get banned for calling out someone as a pedo when they are openly admitting to being 30, 40 years old (or older) and are asking for girls of 13???
Okay, let me tell you what I will do. I will do an unban but you need to start using the reporting function in the chat and STOP making remarks that are unsubstantiated. If there is real evidence then report it instead of making a big drama out of everything. I will wait until I get a reply.

Okay, let me tell you what I will do. I will do an unban but you need to start using the reporting function in the chat and STOP making remarks that are unsubstantiated. If there is real evidence then report it instead of making a big drama out of everything. I will wait until I get a reply.
Your records should show that I have previously made many many reports on people on chat that were clearly overage, being predatory or otherwise being disgusting. On many occasions my report limit was reached and not cleared for many hours, by which time I would suspect many of the perves have either gone or have encouraged their 'prey' to talk to them on another platform such as Insta. Sorry if you consider me a 'drama' but I believe child protection to be very important - especially for the younger users of this site.

So I am taking that as a "NO" to my suggestion so we will leave things as they are.

So I am taking that as a "NO" to my suggestion so we will leave things as they are

Well I thought my reply was totally constructive but clearly you don't and that's your choice and nothing I can do about it, so I will join the ever increasing exodus of users from this once fun and happy site. Have a happy life!

As usual you totally avoid the issues - like the fact that the report limit was reduced to 3 or 4 which means with the number of perves on here that is reached within minutes of being online but I realised debate with you is impossible.