help with making friends online when you keep getting cyberbullied

ashleysalley

i've been going on chat sites similar to this one, and i feel like ever other person i talk to ends up calling me something along the lines of "a dumb fat bitch". I go a small program for school with less than 30 people in it and im graduating early in december so i wouldnt be able to make any friends there. Im not really sure what to ask for, i just want this to stop happening

That sounds awful! Some people on the internet can act just downright horrid because they know that the consequences of their actions rarely arise when they’re online. They hide behind the protection of anonymity and a screen while they pick apart others to make them feel better about themselves. By all means, never let people like them get to you!

There are still decent people hidden amongst the many rude or creepy ones. I’d suggest to try to find others with similar hobbies or internets as you, and surround yourself with people like them instead of ones who bully you. If you look hard enough, you’re bound to find someone who wants to be your friend. Keep your chin up! Don’t let those lowlifes bring you down.

I’d always recommend using the “ignore” button in scenarios such as this, but if the cyberbullying continues, reporting their messages may be the best course of action.

I hope this helps. 🤍

Bullies have a need to bully. There is just something in their lives that they are trying to make up for so they bully to try to make themselves feel like they control something. The best thing to do is not allow them to use you as their punching bag so to speak. Just click into their profiles, choose to ignore and let them starve for the attention they are craving.