• I don’t know. LOL. ✌️

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Probably not. ✋

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no. 👎

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

december

On online chatting platforms such as this one, where teens from across the world can strike up a conversation and find a common threshold for escapism, e-dating (or online dating) has rapidly grown in prevalence.
Is this a good thing— a positive opportunity for people interested in the pursuit of a romantic relationship to find someone who really connects with them, who may live far away?
Or is it perhaps the beginning of the modern dating world’s collapse, making the prospect of dating into both a meaningless and fruitless endeavour?
If not that, do you believe that e-dating’s success depends on how invested each person is in the relationship?

What is your perspective? 🤍

It all depends on the person/people.
Like, if you're willing to spend that whole time online E-dating someone that lives too far away, to actually meet in real life, unless you can video chat somewhere, but its still online. For some people they don't mind that situation. For some people they like that situation and certain ones hate it. In my opinion though, its cool, but don't fret when the systems go down for a few centuries, unless you know where they live, and can go there, to keep the relationship going. Its very sad to hear, but yeah. Its not completely meaningless. It also depends on if they truly love each other too.

So, consider these things and see what you truly think about it, but I don't think its meaningless unless that specific relationship is not true love.

Last edited:
Fair enough! I’d have to agree with you that it really depends on the person/people in question.

I’ve seen quite a few successful online relationships, and I’ve also seen much of the opposite— people serial-dating others online solely based on their gender and their age. It really shows how loneliness can lead people to desperation, sometimes.

Something that people in online relationships often miss out on is experiencing things together out in the real world. A couple in real life might go out on dates, to a movie theatre, a restaurant, etc etc. However, it is nearly impossible for an online couple to do this. Luckily, there are platforms where you can play virtual games, watch movies, and video call— which may be considered a viable alternative to going out in the real world.

Still, like you said, it isn’t for everyone. Some people like it, and some people don’t. It all depends on if those in the relationship are willing to invest their time into making it worthwhile and genuinely love each other, or not.

Mhm. It might be difficult to E-date, but its alright. If you actually are interested in each other 100%, then it yeah, it'll all work out.
I'd say there is a huge difference between "in real life" and "online" dating, as far as what you can and can't do. It limits a whole lot when you're E-dating, and yeah luckily there are virtual games and other stuff you can do together online, like you said.
I can't say how many people has risked their lives to meet them in real life, during this age, though. Its quite scary. With meeting them in real life, I meant specifically when systems go down and that you know 100% that you love each other and you or the other person is able to come visit the other, or move in if allowed or something. So, yeah, it always depends on the person/people.

Last edited:
Yeah, meeting online people in real life can be very risky. Sometimes people aren’t actually who they said that they would be, or may have malicious intent.

I would be extremely cautious in terms of going about meeting someone from the internet in the real world. There have been many cases of minors on the internet being lured to meet predatory individuals.

With that being said though, a couple who has led a long term and healthy relationship online would likely have less of a chance of this kind of scenario happening, I would say. Most predators wouldn’t spend that kind of time connecting with someone and getting to know them for years before meeting up with them.

Of course, I’m sure that there have been exceptions to this. It’s crucial that one really knows the person that they’re with, and whether they’ve shown any signs of toxicity before meeting up with them. Even then, I’d say that it would be safer to bring a friend or family member if you were to meet them.

Yes, yes definitely bring a friend or family member, good idea! In case of an emergency.

Last edited:
It's fascinating to see how online chatting platforms like this one have given teenagers from all over the world the opportunity to connect and, in some cases, explore romantic relationships through e-dating. It's a remarkable avenue for individuals to meet people with shared interests and values, even if they live far apart. It can be a valuable tool for connecting with like-minded individuals, but it's essential for users to be aware of the potential pitfalls and make informed decisions when engaging in online dating.
Indeed, I would have to agree with you!