Improve site censorship.

Ēvex_

Somehow
Staff member
Teen Chat Mod
The site has improved a lot from past years, and the chat experience has improved But I wanted to address the fact that the "site censorship isn't accurate" enough, A room called "Send nudes" was created well why isn't it censored while apostrophes and most of the times emoji are shown as the invalid room name. hope you fix this issue.

Plus, The site follows a policy of censoring content according to rank. Vip are free of censorship and while users are censored. In my opinion, the same should be done with guests with more effective censoring. Most of the times guests are the trouble maker and spammers and mods can't be always online to kick and mute them. It would be great if this would be taken into consideration.

- Ēvlyn

Attachments

• IMG_20220323_044020.jpg
    IMG_20220323_044020.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 18
The site has improved a lot from past years, and the chat experience has improved But I wanted to address the fact that the "site censorship isn't accurate" enough, A room called "Send nudes" was created well why isn't it censored while apostrophes and most of the times emoji are shown as the invalid room name. hope you fix this issue.

Plus, The site follows a policy of censoring content according to rank. Vip are free of censorship and while users are censored. In my opinion, the same should be done with guests with more effective censoring. Most of the times guests are the trouble maker and spammers and mods can't be always online to kick and mute them. It would be great if this would be taken into consideration.

- Ēvlyn

Guests and users get the same censorship - VIPs having no censorship is an unfortunate compromise since the YouTube button stopped working. So instead censorship was turned off so VIPs can send uncensored YouTube links

The censorship doesn’t work on room names, which isn’t our fault. We’re not the ones who created the chat system. The software we’re using has limitations, and room names not having any censorship is one of them. Luckily, admins can see who created the room and take action accordingly.

The side rooms used to be a bigger issue previously, when regular users were able to create rooms too. Then we’d have maybe 1-5 inappropriate rooms a day. But this recent time, is the first in months as far as I’m aware of. So the chances we’ll see more inappropriate rooms are slim

Guests and users get the same censorship - VIPs having no censorship is an unfortunate compromise since the YouTube button stopped working. So instead censorship was turned off so VIPs can send uncensored YouTube links

The censorship doesn’t work on room names, which isn’t our fault. We’re not the ones who created the chat system. The software we’re using has limitations, and room names not having any censorship is one of them. Luckily, admins can see who created the room and take action accordingly.

The side rooms used to be a bigger issue previously, when regular users were able to create rooms too. Then we’d have maybe 1-5 inappropriate rooms a day. But this recent time, is the first in months as far as I’m aware of. So the chances we’ll see more inappropriate rooms are slim
I was suggesting the fact that guests should be censored more than users. While users get kicked and muted for being inappropriate what guests do is log out and come back from another guest using VPN.

Yes, I am aware of the fact that admins can take down the room but admins aren't online most of the site we understand that staff does have a life rather than babysitting the site. Maybe on some upcoming update let mods remove inappropriate rooms because mods are more often available.

Attachments

• user3050963_1f0e1bd92586.jpg
    user3050963_1f0e1bd92586.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 17
  • user3050963_0f46ee638a1d_tumb.jpg
    user3050963_0f46ee638a1d_tumb.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 17
  • user3050963_b417775033a8.jpg
    user3050963_b417775033a8.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 17
Admins can’t delete rooms. Just rename, put a pass on eventually to prevent people from joining, and remove the room staff (creator of room, room mods/admins)

And what do you want us to censor in the last screenshot? They’re all common words. Mods will deal with guests

Admins can’t delete rooms. Just rename, put a pass on eventually to prevent people from joining, and remove the room staff (creator of room, room mods/admins)
Oh, mods can be made to do tht too then. To change inappropriate room names