Important - Advice (dating)

Another Soul

Gone/Not Here
Staff member
Teen Chat Mod
Please read with care..

Nowadays we have more ways to communicate than anything, mainly on the internet, and there are more and easy ways for dangerous people to get to people.
Though, if you help yourself and others like (friends, parents, ect), you and they can take safety procedures and the right steps, to be well protected.

I've seen this problem before and its not safe or cool - "desperate-dating".

I know that there are people out there who just wants to date anyone they find and or attractive.

Its unhealthy, dangerous and more.

Note: its not just "desperate-dating" that's dangerous. Sometimes its just, regular people who might try to pull you in to their trap with "love".

I highly suggest you start off being friends and see how you like each other from there, you should be able to see their intentions, personality, moods, needs, wants, ect, ect from just being friends for at least a few months or longer if needed.

Though if you start off dating with that person right away, you therefore have too much to handle and more to deal with. As with being friends first, you can see if they are right for you and they can also see your intentions as well. So you and they could know if you actually love each other.

- There are more topics to be possibly disscused within this topic -
If you have any questions along the lines within this topic, you can ask me if you want. As I will give a truthful, helpful, knowledgeable answer.

If you want to protect your self and others, you and them should know the red flags for a possible threat. for people who might "love" you or your friend(s) but is just a way to pull you in to their trap.

For more information details on this topic, you can go to a trusted site, and or you can ask me!

Please stay safe and take care everyone! 🤍

Last edited:
The amount of people on chatrooms that I’ve seen trying to find someone to date out of desperation or loneliness is insane. They do it here too, saying that they’re “F13 and looking for a bf 13-15” or something along those lines.

The fact that they’re willing to date someone simply based on a person’s gender and age without knowing anything else about them is simply ludicrous, and a recipe for disaster. I would even say that I feel bad for some of these lonely people.

I would agree with you in regards to that it is much safer, and possibly more fulfilling if you get to know someone well first before beginning a romantic relationship with them. That way, it is easier to tell if they’re someone who you should definitely steer clear of!

It’s quite difficult to figure out the intentions of online people. People can use the anonymity of the internet to mask what they are really wanting from someone, which makes trusting them potentially dangerous. I made friends with someone on this chat site a couple years ago, and I thought he was a cool guy, and an average teenager. It turned out that he was 34 and dating a 13 year old.

I have other horror stories also, but my point is that you should be very observant of others online and their actions, before you entrust them with things that they could use to harm you, such as personal information and other ways to find you online.

Stay safe out there! đź–¤

Yeah, its sad. I feel bad for some of these people too.

Yep, that's why its best to just to never meet the person in real life, unless like you said before, bring a friend. (one you already have in real life).
Its always good to have some back up. Though, you can meet them in real life if you want, after a long while of being friends of the friendship part and you two truly love each other for the dating part.

They could still find you with any personal information, like you said. That's why its always important to be very very careful with who and what information, if any, you give.

Last edited:
Yes, but then on the flip side, I can see how some people may not want to e-date in the first place then, knowing that they will never have the potential of meeting the person who they love in real life in the future. This can restrict relationships to being short-term, which is something that a lot of online people would prefer, but others could question the purpose of, as it could ultimately end when one party meets someone better in the real world. A lot of online relationships thrive on the hope that they’ll last for years, and that someday the people involved in them could meet in real life.

I wouldn’t say that this is a bad thing though, as it definitely guarantees one’s safety! I would personally never meet someone who I know online in real life, unless I had led a healthy friendship with that person for more than 5 years.

Additionally, the odds of online relationships lasting for an extended period of time are quite low, from what I have seen, so it is often a good choice to eliminate the possibility of meeting from the start (because the relationship likely won’t last long enough to see that day anyway!).