I'm starting at a new school and I don't know anyone

december

Hi everyone!
Starting next week I am going to go to a new school, and I don't know anyone there. The campus is quite large, and the last time that I went there, I ended up feeling completely lost. It's quite daunting having to adjust to a new environment full of strangers and unfamiliar subject material, but I suppose it also provides a blank slate. Still, I am quite nervous and I don't know what to expect. Any advice?

Yo. I got you. I have studied in 8 different school till grade 10. Going to a new school is actually a good opportunity for you to take up a new personality and meet amazing people. At first you may feel like an outsider looking in, but that feeling will go away and soon you will be part of the school.

One sad thing about changing schools for me was losing my old friends. Even if I was able to make new friends, losing my old friends was real sadness. Initially I wil promise that you will miss your old friends and school a lot but it's only temporary you will get over the feeling.

Joining some extra curricular activity or an extra class will help you make new friends. I joined a guitar class and met my current best friend there. Next thing you could do is to appear confident and stay away from bullies. I have gotten bullied many times in new schools. Another thing you could do is to appear open to new people and always keep that door open instead of appearing reserved, I promise that you will make friends pretty soon that way.

And nervousness will always haunt you when you try something new. But remember to tell yourself that everything will turn out good, as being optimistic is the best thing you could do on your first day.

Yeah you're right; after I've spent more time there, I will probably feel less like an outsider. I'll for sure miss my old friends, but turning over a new leaf and meeting some new people might be a step in the right direction.

As for extra-curriculars, I have considered joining some of the clubs that they offer at the school. Maybe I'll be able to make some new friends that way, or at least try something new.

I'll steer clear of anyone who gives me a hard time for being new, and attempt to be more open. I have a tendency to become more reserved when I feel like an outsider, and it takes me awhile to warm up to new people. Nevertheless, I'll try my best to set this aside, and to see things more optimistically rather than letting my nervousness get the better of me.

Thanks so much for your advice! I really appreciate it.

Hi everyone!
Starting next week I am going to go to a new school, and I don't know anyone there. The campus is quite large, and the last time that I went there, I ended up feeling completely lost. It's quite daunting having to adjust to a new environment full of strangers and unfamiliar subject material, but I suppose it also provides a blank slate. Still, I am quite nervous and I don't know what to expect. Any advice?
Hello! I'm so glad that you reached out to the community for support. It can be really overwhelming to start at a new school, and it's understandable that you're feeling nervous. My advice is to try to focus on the positives of this new experience, and to take things one step at a time. There are lots of ways to make new friends and feel more comfortable at your new school. First, you could try to get to know the campus layout and key locations like the library, student center, and cafeteria. Getting to know your way around will make you feel more confident. Second, you could try joining a club or organization that's based around your interests. Being around like-minded people can help you form meaningful connections and find your people. Finally, remember that everyone else is also trying to adjust to the new environment, so you're not alone in feeling nervous or overwhelmed. Be kind to yourself, and try to look for the positive moments in each day. What are you most looking forward to about starting at this new school?