Mistaken System Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIIHeroesFall

Hello there, I am inquiring help to unban my main account and accounts linked to [ AllHeroesFall ].

I was using an alt account in an attempt to scout out overage/inappropriate Users to be reported or banned and the System mistakenly marked one of the terms I used as “Spam” and had all of my accounts permanently banned. A User In Main Chat had said they wanted to “trde pics”, so I questioned him asking what he wanted to “tráde”. I had no intention of engaging in this action, and was rather trying to find fair reason to have him reported for misconduct. I would appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Hello there, I am inquiring help to unban my main account and accounts linked to [ AllHeroesFall ], which include [ JohnLocke ] and [ McKinley ].

I was using an alt account in an attempt to scout out overage/inappropriate Users to be reported or banned and the System mistakenly marked one of the terms I used as “Spam” and had all of my accounts permanently banned. A User In Main Chat had said they wanted to “trde pics”, so I questioned him asking what he wanted to “tráde”. I had no intention of engaging in this action, and was rather trying to find fair reason to have him reported for misconduct. I would appreciate the help.
The due process for scouting out inappropriate users is informing a mod or the admin beforehand coz if things go south we know what to do. Did you do so?

The due process for scouting out inappropriate users is informing a mod or the admin beforehand coz if things go south we know what to do. Did you do so?
I did not. If that’s something actually listed in the rules now I was not aware, and will inform a mod in the future. At the time of my logging on, I did not see any present moderator in the chat room and was simply prepared to inform a mod if a problem arose, but this was not a problem of actual misconduct but rather a System error. I’d have to say that my only initial problem with informing the Staff beforehand is for reasons of discretion. I’ve had my trust placed in glorified staff members betrayed several times, and felt the best course of action was to act discreetly as a form of service for the chat room. I don’t entirely trust the mod staff, but if what’s best is to keep them informed I’ll try to do so.

Last edited:
Hello there, I am inquiring help to unban my main account and accounts linked to [ AllHeroesFall ], which include [ JohnLocke ] and [ McKinley ].

btw your account allheroesfall is not banned

I did not. If that’s something actually listed in the rules now I was not aware, and will inform a mod in the future. At the time of my logging on, I did not see any present moderator in the chat room and was simply prepared to inform a mod if a problem arose, but this was not a problem of actual misconduct but rather a System error.
btw your account allheroesfall is not banned
It’s an IP ban, which prohibits me from logging on to any account on my device

You are well aware we do not tolerate pedo baiting through accounts with false age/gender anymore. It is considered catfishing or even lying about/faking age/gender. Which is a method commonly used by pedos, having mismatched alternate accounts. That is one of the reasons we do not allow these accounts anymore. But also, due to a lot of people not knowing how to bait properly.

Why you would ask why or what someone is trading is beyond my understanding. You know anyone who asks for trades get kicked/banned. To be honest, I have never heard of, or seen, anyone ask what people are trading while baiting. In this case, as you mentioned, they were trading pics. Quite obvious which intentions they had.

Your trust issues with the mods is not our problem, it is a you problem. Your attitude. Seeing how this specific situation has turned out, I am not surprised you do not trust the mods, considering your sketchy, so called “baiting”, methods. I would not trust mods either if I behaved like that.

All that needed to be done was to flag the message. Not create a female alt, then ask what they were trading. That is beyond your responsibility.

You are well aware we do not tolerate pedo baiting through accounts with false age/gender anymore. It is considered catfishing or even lying about/faking age/gender. Which is a method commonly used by pedos, having mismatched alternate accounts. That is one of the reasons we do not allow these accounts anymore. But also, due to a lot of people not knowing how to bait properly.

Why you would ask why or what someone is trading is beyond my understanding. You know anyone who asks for trades get kicked/banned. To be honest, I have never heard of, or seen, anyone ask what people are trading while baiting. In this case, as you mentioned, they were trading pics. Quite obvious which intentions they had.

Your trust issues with the mods is not our problem, it is a you problem. Your attitude. Seeing how this specific situation has turned out, I am not surprised you do not trust the mods, considering your sketchy, so called “baiting”, methods. I would not trust mods either if I behaved like that.

All that needed to be done was to flag the message. Not create a female alt, then ask what they were trading. That is beyond your responsibility.
No, Kevin, I was not “well aware” of that. What I was well-aware of was such accounts being created in the past in order to find inappropriate Users and it being perfectly fine. If the rule has changed, I did not know that. I wasn’t insulting your team, I was simply explaining the situation and you have no need to get defensive. It wont happen again and I had no foul intentions. I’ve explained what happened clearly enough and you know I have no track record of disobeying the rules in such an inappropriate way. This was simply a misunderstanding of the current rules and an attempt to use my time in a beneficial way I thought was allowed. As “obvious” as what they were asking was, I did not believe it was definitive proof of misconduct and I was therefore trying to receive it. Like what if it was the trading of something innocent? What if it was just a joke or a dare? 😂 I wouldn’t just report the guy without the correct context, and that is precisely the reason why I asked. I just happened to be on that account, trying to find overage users when the person said that, and so I asked in an attempt to gain context. I didn’t even create the account to report random inappropriate messages in Main, it was rather to find overage Users who don’t just admit it to anyone but girls. Simple as that. I will delete the alt account, and nitpick my messages as much as you want, but there’s no reason you should take away my only way to actually talk to my friends here. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am sorry there was a problem, I meant no harm to the chat. I’ve been here several years and I would not do anything I knew would jeopardize my being able to use the site, but rather I was just trying to help and I swear upon it.

Tell me which part of the rules that says, catfishing, or fake age/gender, is allowed if you are trying to bait.

The rules have not changed since you were a mod.

I am still questioning your intentions. Sure, trying to bait pedos and then report them is fine. If you know what you are doing. And you clearly do not. Asking what pics someone is trading, no matter what your excuses are, is not appropriate. Using alternate accounts with fake identity is not allowed.
And considering your past efforts as well as feedback from mods, it seems that reports were one of your weaknesses. So why you would start baiting now does not make any sense to us.

It is not a matter of me not wanting specific people on the sites, I am just trying to make sure no rushed decisions are made.

Tell me which part of the rules that says, catfishing, or fake age/gender, is allowed if you are trying to bait.

The rules have not changed since you were a mod.

I am still questioning your intentions. Sure, trying to bait pedos and then report them is fine. If you know what you are doing. And you clearly do not. Asking what pics someone is trading, no matter what your excuses are, is not appropriate. Using alternate accounts with fake identity is not allowed.
And considering your past efforts as well as feedback from mods, it seems that reports were one of your weaknesses. So why you would start baiting now does not make any sense to us.

It is not a matter of me not wanting specific people on the sites, I am just trying to make sure no rushed decisions are made.
Maybe it wasn’t specifically in the rules, but there were numerous users who made such accounts and were allowed to continue their efforts. So I’m talking about your own specific exceptions. I did not realize it was no longer allowed by the head staff. I never specifically had a conversation with anyone who said otherwise, or heard from any mod or staff member that it wasn’t allowed behavior so I assumed it was.

As far as your attempts to figure out my “intentions”, I don’t think it would have to go any farther than to say I’m not homosexual 😐 so to suggest I would ask to trade photos with a dude or something is just offensive. And I don’t think it’s “inappropriate” to simply ask a person a context question, which is all I was doing. I was gaining context, so that I had fair evidence that this User was asking for inappropriate photos rather than just something different, because he did not clarify and I’ve personally seen jokes in Main about trading stupid crap like Pokémon card pics 😂 or whatever, the point was it was just to gain more insight into the situation before I reported this random dude, not to make a huge deal about it.

As far as goes your complaint against my “weakness” with reports, that is simply you being petty. 😂 I report plenty of inappropriate Users, and this was not out of the blue lol. I’ve used such an alt account in the past, other mods have used such accounts in the past, and had (I suppose) prior Admin permission. My problem was in not conferring with the Staff, for which I apologize. If I had, I could’ve heard this from you sooner and known not to continue baiting on that account

Last edited:
dude just apply for a new wifi connections and you are unbanned lol
or just login through your school/friend's computer
Or just install Kali or Arch Linux and do some stuff
U will get a new ip lol
The WiFi thing worked, thank you. Just still gonna fight to get the IP ban lifted

Maybe it wasn’t specifically in the rules, but there were numerous users who made such accounts and were allowed to continue their efforts. So I’m talking about your own specific exceptions. I did not realize it was no longer allowed by the head staff. I never specifically had a conversation with anyone who said otherwise, or heard from any mod or staff member that it wasn’t allowed behavior so I assumed it was.

As far as your attempts to figure out my “intentions”, I don’t think it would have to go any farther than to say I’m not homosexual 😐 so to suggest I would ask to trade photos with a dude or something is just offensive. And I don’t think it’s “inappropriate” to simply ask a person a context question, which is all I was doing. I was gaining context, so that I had fair evidence that this User was asking for inappropriate photos rather than just something different, because he did not clarify and I’ve personally seen jokes in Main about trading stupid crap like Pokémon card pics 😂 or whatever, the point was it was just to gain more insight into the situation before I reported this random dude, not to make a huge deal about it.

As far as goes your complaint against my “weakness” with reports, that is simply you being petty. 😂 I report plenty of inappropriate Users, and this was not out of the blue lol. I’ve used such an alt account in the past, other mods have used such accounts in the past, and had (I suppose) prior Admin permission. My problem was in not conferring with the Staff, for which I apologize. If I had, I could’ve heard this from you sooner and known not to continue baiting on that account
And these users and their actions get consequences. Have always been like that. Not my problem that you are not paying attention. There is no “no longer allowed”, it was never allowed in the first place.

And it is inappropriate to ask about trades. Trading has always been against the rules, and everyone breaking it gets kicked or banned.

“My” complaint is an opinion shared by every mod and ex-mod I am aware of : )

Mods are allowed to use such accounts, yes, but the issue is that you are not staff now.

And these users and their actions get consequences. Have always been like that. Not my problem that you are not paying attention. There is no “no longer allowed”, it was never allowed in the first place.

And it is inappropriate to ask about trades. Trading has always been against the rules, and everyone breaking it gets kicked or banned.

Mods are allowed to use such accounts, yes, but the issue is that you are not staff now.
Dude what are you talking about? I literally just said it was my fault for not consulting with the staff and assuming something that wasn’t true 😂
This didn’t have to turn into you insulting me or acting like my oversight is some sort of devilish sin.
You can dislike me as much as I want, but nonetheless I moderated Teen Chat for a whole year, under two different Admins, and things clearly changed a lot under your Administration. All due respect, but I got crap done back before barely anyone else did. So I apologize for not catching up as quickly as you wanted me to, but don’t confuse my lack of familiarity with the way you uphold the Teen Chat holy rules as my being some sort of sketchy lowlife. I spoke to plenty of moderators too, and they have agreed that there has always been and always will be difficulty in following up with the onslaught of reports the staff has to deal with. I was clearly complained about, and I’ll accept that. But I did my utmost to my knowledge to uphold the rules and follow the correct guidelines, and I still do.

Last edited:

It’s literally been a while week now. How long is this gonna take man? I made a mistake thinking it was fine, and that was the end of it.

I apologize for “Ban evading”, but legit I had no other way to reach out to my friend and she’s going through crap right now while this is taking a needlessly long amount of time.

Am I permanently banned over this nonsense or not. Simple question

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.