Why do people even date ?

We've all been or are single, so I can understand where the confusion settles in. And thank you for naming me and Kevin tc's most popular couple!!

Why date? There's people around you that every so often break up. They get hurt. They seemingly waste months or years on the other person. It ruins them on levels we can't comprehend. Being aware of all those reasons prior, I can understand why some would much prefer staying as far away from dating as possible. But I also believe that on each and every one of us, there's a small sensation placed into our heart. Looking and thinking about things that excite us. Things that immediately bring that pounding in your heart. Names our faces knowingly light up to. And overall, there is love in one form or another that brings a smile to us.

I agree that the term "dating" has been misconstrued. Dating shouldn't be about setting two people up for failure or heartbreak. It should happily and mutually be an agreement to be with one another, with the intent of spending their lives together. Mistakes do and will happen no matter what. But that naturally comes with the hardship and risks that dating brings. If you're willing to put your life to the front and commit yourself to that one person- the person who lights up your life, the person who's aware of every deep dark corner in your mind, the person who's willing to take a stand for you- then you realise you're meant to be with them. You'd feel a genuine sense of love that you disregard what could go wrong. Because your faiths in one another tell that you both are strong enough to overcome any obstacle that comes in your paths. You continue to become a part of that person's life, want the best for them..because their happiness is yours as well.

Kevin and I are long distance with an entire ocean separating us in between. But since over a year, every drop of ocean is holding our memories, our laughs, our downs, and ultimately the lovable moments we've had with one another. Relationships do get hard to deal with, no matter if it's real life or long distance. However, it's all down to the faith and trust you have in the other person. How much your love is willing to hold on. Specifically what astonishes me to this day is how Kevin is still surviving with a brat like meπŸ’€ he's still able to make me feel amazing from thousands of miles away.

If you've experienced a break up though, you might think of all the time you gave up your life for them. There's just this void inside you that constantly aches to be filled. You don't want to feel that again, so you quit dating. Quit your faith in love. Start feeling bad about yourself. And it all spirals down. I understand how it feels. But some time later, you recover. Finding and doing things you love so you can love yourself. And it is only by loving yourself that you can truly give love to another person. You'll remember the experiences of your past relationship(s) and move on in life. Whether you find the one or not, your happiness is what deserves to flourish. So why date? Date because you can learn more about yourself. Date because you'll be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. What your limits are. Date because it's a risk, yet the reward in the long run is wonderful. As long as you're genuinely happy and loved, be free to live your life how you please.

Of course I can't forget, but thank you so much, Kevin :3 I appreciate you for making me the luckiest girl ever and for being such a gentleman. Your patience with me is honestly surprising, I'm shocked I haven't killed you yet xd jokes but, I love you so much for everythingπŸ’ž
If I were you , I would have taken a flight and moved to Kevin's house 🏑