We needa elect moda bro

Should we elect mods instead

• Total voters
Bullshit indeed. Friends would vote for each other no matter how unfit for mod they might be. Which would eventually lead to mod abuse. Plus, you can't see your friends history. There might be 5 kicks for being inappropriate. 3 mutes for spamming. 1 kick for socials. These are just examples, but someone with a long history most likely isn't so called "mod material"

The choice of mods happens within staff, either me choosing new one's or the whole staff discuss possible candidates that we later on vote on. This way, I know the mod and can have more trust in them. Because that's also an important aspect, I need to be able to trust my mods. They're given the responsibility of dealing with thousands of users each day. I can't just hand out mod to randoms.

There's been many examples of mods picked by the users, on other sites. None of them have been successful as far as I'm concerned.

I personally prefer letting my mods have a word before making someone a mod, because often they know some details I might have missed or forgotten about. I can even use myself as an example, the first mod position I got on kc net was through a poll within the current staff of kc net. Same with a few of my loyal mods, they were selected the same way on the same site and still work by my side to this day.

Bullshit indeed. Friends would vote for each other no matter how unfit for mod they might be. Which would eventually lead to mod abuse. Plus, you can't see your friends history. There might be 5 kicks for being inappropriate. 3 mutes for spamming. 1 kick for socials. These are just examples, but someone with a long history most likely isn't so called "mod material"

The choice of mods happens within staff, either me choosing new one's or the whole staff discuss possible candidates that we later on vote on. This way, I know the mod and can have more trust in them. Because that's also an important aspect, I need to be able to trust my mods. They're given the responsibility of dealing with thousands of users each day. I can't just hand out mod to randoms.

There's been many examples of mods picked by the users, on other sites. None of them have been successful as far as I'm concerned.

I personally prefer letting my mods have a word before making someone a mod, because often they know some details I might have missed or forgotten about. I can even use myself as an example, the first mod position I got on kc net was through a poll within the current staff of kc net. Same with a few of my loyal mods, they were selected the same way on the same site and still work by my side to this day.
:rolleyes:why do you write soooo much 💀